There is absolutely nothing like putting pen down to paper. In fact, a recent study by Dr. Gail Matthews found that you are 42% more likely to achieve your goals if you write them down. Seriously, 42%.
So why is it that writing down your goals can be SO effective and helpful in actually achieving those goals??
Here are 5 Reasons Why Writing Down Your Goals Helps You SUCCEED
- You clarify your goals. Writing down your goals forces you to actually think about them and figure out exactly what you want to accomplish rather than having an unclear vision in your mind.
- You signify the importance of your goals. Clearly these are things that matter to you and that you don't want to forget.
- You internally commit to your goals. They are no longer could-be's or should-be's; your goals are suddenly things that you actually want to achieve and writing them down inspires action.
- You share them with the world (even if no one actually sees them). There is so much we don't share but by writing down our goals we are freeing them from our minds and sharing them with the universe. They are no longer hidden and that gives them (and you) power.
- By writing them down you have already taken a physical step towards your goals. You've done something. Taken a step - albeit a tiny one - towards something that matters to you. And even if it's a small step it's big.
The best part of this proven theory is that it's SUPER EASY to do. In fact, I encourage you to take a few moments right now to write down your goals! And then put them somewhere that you can see them often that way you stay focused and committed.