Life can be chaotic, we all seem to have a myriad of things going on at the same time.
Often because we are all so connected we can get easily distracted and become unbalanced in our day to day lives. As a wife, student, HR professional and lifestyle blogger my life occasionally seems like an endless amount of busyness. In all of this it is so important to balance myself out and retain some method of sanity so that I can be the best person for myself, my family and my friends.
So how do I balance all of this? Well I have to say it’s a lot of time management. I am a huge list writer, even for the smallest of things. These keep me focused and I can get stuff done. What can lists do? Well they can keep you on the right path, but there’s also room to improvise along the way. Things to consider when taking notes:
- List your priorities; this can be different on any given day but try to follow it and stay focused, but if you need to change things up you can - it's your list.
- Never beat yourself up if you can’t get through everything on your list, it’s better to maintain your sanity than to try to do everything.
- Remember lists are not set in stone, they are simply a guideline, so you can make getting things done a little easier and more organized.
Another important aspect to maintaining balance is making sure to make time for myself. Self-care is so important. This can take on a variety of forms for different people. Personally, unwinding takes on the following forms for me:
- Reading a good book: Sometimes I get inspiration for my life, come up with a new recipe, or just allow myself to relax in a fictional story. (Harry Potter anyone?)
- Yoga class: This has been the number one exercise I have done to relieve stress, relax and stretch out extremely tight muscles. Namaste all day!
- Listening to some good jams and dancing it out: Letting loose can really set you free even if its only every so often. Clearing your mind can open you up to being able to accomplish other things.
- Going out on mini adventures to explore your own city or the surrounding cities. This is one of my favorite things to do because it allows me to explore and to gain knowledge. I then incorporate this into my blogging so it’s a win-win.
Managing one’s work, life and wellness can be difficult, but it never has to be painful. Staying true to yourself and your limits is important. We are all different, and all need different things for our lives. While guidelines are important, it’s okay to be ourselves, be open and be honest.
Life was never meant to be lived in a perfectly, straight line. Be strong, be you - this much you can control. The more you work on your dreams, the more dreams will come to pass.
Wishing you wellness always,
Life as a Maven a.k.a Timna
ABOUT OUR GUEST BLOGGER
"Hi! My name is Timna (Blog: Life As a Maven) and I am an avid lover of life. I love traveling with my husband, finding new restaurants and spending time with my family. I have been a blogger for almost four years now and through it all, it has taught me so much about life and myself. Live your best life!"